LaBudde is named after the founding family and was first formed in the early 1900’s in downtown Milwaukee, WI to handle by-products from the numerous breweries. The company stayed in downtown Milwaukee until 1981 when the office was moved to Brown Deer, WI. Offices were then moved to Grafton, WI, in 1986.
Ownership remained in the LaBudde family until 1978 when Richard and Phyllis Apple purchased the company. George LaBudde stayed active in the business until retirement in 1983 when he was in his mid 70’s. Current owner Richard Erickson purchased the business in 1985.
LaBudde became actively involved in feed mills and warehousing during the late 1930’s in southeastern Wisconsin locations such as Germantown, Port Washington and West Bend. These facilities were sold off in the early 1950’s. More sales emphasis was given to pet food ingredient sales starting in the late 1970’s. The 1990’s have brought interest in expanding sales and purchases to the international market.
It is the primary goal of LaBudde to provide a comfortable work environment for employees where they will be given the opportunity to provide their families with a better standard of living than what would be possible elsewhere.
“Heaven and the heaven of heavens belong to the Lord your God, the earth with all that is in it. Deuteronomy 10:14